While creating a DGV with a ComboBox column, I get an Application Error with the following text:
The following exception occurred in the DataGridView.
DataGridViewComboBoxCell value is not valid.
To replace this default dialog please handle the DataError event.
After handling the DataError event I saw that the all the values in the ComboBox column gave a problem, although they were legitimate (value = 1, the ID of a parent entity, the ComboBox is supposed to show the resolved Name for ID = 1).
The debugger does not give an error, i.e. the assignment of the Datasource to the DGV goes smoothly.
Not know if connected to this error, the dropdown does not show in the ComboBox column, it shows an empty cell instead. If I press Ok to the error and click in the ComboBox column, I see the dropdown with the correct entries. If I select one and change row, I get an error about not being able to convert string ” to a value, as if it sees an empty string…
my apologies for confusing you with the build updates.
We will check to see if we can modify the forum software to display the exact time.
We will try to keep the Beta Updates in synch with the releases as much as possible
though there will always be (mostly minor) updates inbetween during the beta periodto verify bug fixes and enhancements with our customers.
But we will try to minimize those builds.
The original problem I reported was with version 1.2.45. After updating to 1.2.51 I don’t see the error anymore, but the ComboBox behaviour/binding is still not the expected.
But I’m writing to point out a more general problem: with the fast pace you update the builds, which is excellent by the way, we (at least I) cannot keep track of what’s going on. For example, I saw that there was a new version in the Beta Updates post, version 1.2.49 and thought to myself, ok, let’s try it to see if the problem was fixed. And when I updated I got 1.2.51, where the problem was partially fixed. But since 1.2.51 is not reported in Beta Updates, I have no clue whether it was created before or after I had seen the problem with version 1.2.45. And the time reporting of the posts (16 hours ago, 2 days ago etc.) is not very useful. So what I think would be very useful is:
Hope I’m not becoming a PITA !
Please login first to submit.