Did an initial test of ListView.
Now, deleted the listView1 from the window1. When I opened the Designer.cs file, ColumnHeader are not removed from the file.
I stopped my test right away when I found out that code are not being cleaned up when removing the listview from the window/form using 1.2.82.
Actually, I noticed that ListView since 1.2.80. I did try to add items at runtime and also didn’t see anything. Didn’t report it to Support thinking it was to premature to do that as they haven’t announced yet the availability of the control during that time.
Nice to hear from you. How is your ReVision going?
I think we finally found the reason and how to reproduce the ColumnHeader of a list view.
In our tests it only happened when we changed the width of one or more ColumnHeaders.
It will be fixed in the next update. Issue # is WJ-7737.
While adding Columns, they are visible right away in the ListView now when property View=Details. Deleting the ListView itself, still doesn’t clean up the designer.cs file.
No code is generated in designer.cs file when adding SubItems. That’s why I don’t see anything on the screen at design-time and at runtime.
Using the designer, in ListView Tasks, clicked “Edit Items”. In ListViewItem Collection Editor, clicked Add and in Text Property, enter “Product 1” It created an object of type ListViewItem in designer.cs as listViewItem1. In the Property Grid, clicked SubItems (Collection) to open the ListViewSubItem Collection Editor. The ListViewItem (Product 1) I added is already there and becomes a ListViewSubItem. In Winform, it would not appear there as a SubItem. Clicked “Add” twice, and entered something in Text property. Clicked OK->OK.
Looked at the designer.cs file and no code was generated for the SubItems I added. Re-opened the ListViewSubItem Collection Editor and SubItems are still there. Closed the form, re-opened it and SubItems were gone.
Adding Items at runtime seems to work properly.
My story looks messy but that’s how I did it using Build 1.2.84. If you still need a sample, just give a shout.
Thanks, it’s all fixed and will be in the update today. We were focusing on unit and ui tests – we are using the mono winforms tests and did’t pay enough attention to the designer.
However, the items added at design time cannot be shows in the designer at the moment. The listview (like the grid) use an http callback to query for “pages” of data and at design time we have to instead “feed” the data to the renderer. We have the code for it but it’s not fully functional at the moment – so it’s better to leave it blank.
It seems to be working now with the new version 🙂
About mid December is when I am think about starting the work to port our product cloud management suite over to wisej. FYI It is a massive project that has been using VisualWebGUI for 5+ years.
Please login first to submit.